About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
A lover of all things cinema, these are my thoughts on films through the years.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

And we're off to the races...

Ok so I'm not literally off to the races but I thought it would be a good title to start off with. I used to have an open diary in highschool (in fact I logged into it today and low and behold it's still there - I just haven't written in like 2 years), but I thought this would provide a great opportunity to keep everyone in the loop while I'm away in Glasgow (how's that for a run-on sentence? Me going to be English teacher).


So flights are booked and I can't wait. I have a few days in the Nish (YAY!), one of these days being my birthday. After I received a wonderful scrapbook from my friend from X, I think it cemented in my mum's mind how much the friendships I made this year meant to me. And so she surprised me the other day in the car by telling me that I could route my flight to London to go through Halifax. I can't wait to see my friends again (obviously there are some who will be missing, and they know who they are) but it's still going to be a great trip. After Halifax it's onto London for a few days to catch up with my besties there and then finally onto Glasgow (EEK!).


I will be in Glasgow in just over a month - that is quite scary. Going to another country for university, I know, I've been there, done that. However, this time it is completely different. I'm going off to learn my trade, there's no more uni after this. I will instead have a profession. I would be nervous enough going to teach school in Canada, but over there, I will be expected to teach British history to British kids - and they will know more than me. I imagine that when this happens and they question me, I'll simply suggest a movie - what do you reckon? Good plan? I think so.


Since I know this thing can host videos, I've contemplated the idea of having a video blog occasionally. That way you'll get to see me instead of just reading about my life (as exciting as that is!).


Pretty bland for a first entry isn't this? I promise that in future, they will be better, because even if nothing is really going on, I'll make something up.


You Should Be Listening To: DUFFY


Aimee Anne Duffy (born 23 June 1984 in Gwynedd Wales), known professionally as Duffy, is a Welsh singer-songer.


Her breakthrough album Rockferry is AMAZING!! She's like a cross between mod 60s, soul, and present day. I highly recommend her. "Mercy" has been getting a lot of air play right now, and while I love this song, my favs on the album are "Warwick Avenue", "Serious", "Delayed Devotion", and "Distant Dreamer". Give her a listen and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

mickermoodles said...

yaaay first blog entry! I can't wait for more :)